Spinach, Feta and Sausage Frittata
- 1/2 bunch of fresh spinach
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 3 – 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 large sausage links (either breakfast or italian)
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup chedder cheese, shredded
- 6 -7 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Remove casing from sausage and cook in a medium skillet. Drain cooked sausage on a paper towel and wipe skillet clean. Cook onion and garlic in butter until opaque in a medium skillet. Add mushrooms and cook for about 1 minute. Add the spinach and cook until warmed through. Do not cook spinach until completely wilted! Grease a 9″ casserole dish with cooking spray. Put the vegetable mixture and sausage in the bottom of the casserole dish. Add crumbled feta and a pinch of red pepper flakes, salt and pepper to the eggs and pour over. Top with cheddar cheese. Bake at 350F for approx 30 minutes, or until the eggs are solid. Cool for about 5 minutes then cut into serving size squares.
HINT: This is great heated up as leftovers. Bring to work for a full breakfast!