Two extremely easy recipes that will create massive jealously from your camping neighbors!
Steak Filet with Blue Cheese & Carmelized Onions
- 2 Steak Filets, frozen to stay cold
- 2 oz Blue Cheese
- Carmelized Onions
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Carmelize onions before leaving for camping trip. Simply re-heat & serve.
- 2 tbsp of olive
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced into 1/2 inch rings
- 1 tbsp sugar
Heat a large sauté pan over medium-low heat. Add the oil/butter. Once the butter has melted and is hot, add as many onions to the pan as will fit in a ½” layer in the pan. Sprinkle the salt over the onions. Cook the onions over medium low heat. Stir the onions every couple of minutes, and adjust the heat so you here just the merest sizzle. Cook for 15 minutes then add sugar, continue cooking on medium-low to low heat for another 15 – 20 minutes, stirring frequently or until the onions are soft and anywhere from honey-colored to deep brown. Let onions cool and place in a zip-lock bag.
Cream Cheese Bagels & Lox
- (2) bagels, pre-sliced before you leave
- 4 oz package of pre-sliced lox
- (2) 2 oz packages of cream cheese, you can often find these by the bakery section in the grocery store
- 1 small jar of capers
- 1/4 red onion, pre-sliced and placed in a ziplock bag before you leave