Typically I am the one in my relationship that is always pushing to go out to dinner — even though I love to cook! However on this special occasion (Chris’ 25th Birthday) I decided to celebrate by cooking an out of norm meal at home, with decadence, dessert, and delicious wine. Does it get any better?
Chris’ Birthday Menu
- Appetizer: Prosciutto Wrapped Scallops with a Sun-dried Tomato Pesto on top of a bed of arugula
- Main Course: Lobster with three different dipping sauces
- Dessert: New York Original Cheesecake
- Wine: Clautiere Cabernet Sauvignon from Paso Robles, CA
The dinner was decadent and delectable. The evening special and memorable. In the end a great birthday celebration.
Prosciutto Wrapped Scallops w/ Sun-dried Tomato Pesto
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped pitted black olives (about 10 olives)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 medium scallops
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 12 slices prosciutto
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Pulse tomatoes, basil, olives, and olive oil in a food processor until finely chopped.
Salt and pepper both sides of the scallops. Rub each scallop with the tomato pest. Fold each slice of prosciutto in half lengthwise, then wrap each scallops in 1 slice of prosciutto. Place wrapped scallops in a greased baking dish, seam side down. Bake until scallop is cooked through, about 15 minutes.
In a medium bowl, toss the arugula with the balsamic vinegar. Season the arugula with salt and pepper. Place the arugula on a serving platter or divide among individual dishes. Top with the scallops and serve immediately.